The 2018 Motocamp will be held at the Solaris beach resort, close to Sibenik on the Croatian coast between Zadar and Split. Solaris is a large site with camping, cabins & 5 hotels in the complex together with a supermarket & a number of swimming pools, bars & restaurants. For the Motocamp the organisers have reserved one of the restaurants & an area of the camp site for our exclusive use. As the event is based at a holiday village facilities should be good but we can anticipate that other tourists will be using some of the hotel facilities on the site but the Croatian organisers assure us that security of our part of the site will be maintained.
The official programme for Motocamp runs from 6th – 9th June the site opens for those who wish to come early on Monday 4th June & optional excursions are available, at additional cost, on Tuesday & Wednesday.
Motocamp is a camping rally for motorcyclists from many nations. The Solaris site offers a variety of accommodation including cabins & hotels, some people may wish to take advantage of these facilities, but they should remember that if they do so they will have to deal direct with the Solaris resort & in accordance with the regulations they will be excluded from the official classification for the event and the entry fee will still apply.
As the official entry/accommodation fees are quoted in Euros the ACU will collect all fees in £ Sterling and send one payment in Euros to the Rally organisers, saving on postage and bank fees
How to book the rally
There are 3 forms to complete, both in duplicate, the Registration Form is now split into 2 pages and covers your entry, passengers and bike, whilst the Accommodation Form covers accommodation and optional excursion choices. Please note that two copies of both forms are required. Complete the forms in BLOCK CAPITALS and check that each copy is legible.
1. ENTRY FORM
The organisers have opted not to use box numbers on this form so:
- At the top centre box write "ACU" in the FMN Name and leave the serial number space to the right blank.
- Please print the riders name, surname first, and tick male or female as appropriate, then enter date of birth.
- In the line below please print your correct postal address (we'll use this to send your authorised entry papers back to you so make sure it's complete) & then give the number of passengers you will have if none enter 0 or strike through the box.
- Next please give your e-mail address, .then indicate if you hold an FIM Meritum award and whether you wish to receive further information regarding FIM Touring events.
- On the next line please give an emergency contact number, which could be used for instance if you were taken ill whilst abroad.
- Next enter the name of the ACU or BMF affiliated motorcycle club you are entering under, if you are not a member of a club please write "BMF Individual Member". Below this please give the most direct distance, in kilometres, to the Rally Control from the HQ of the club you specified - for National/One Make Clubs, the address of the Club Secretary is taken as the club address - or your home address if you are entering as an individual. To help you, the distance from London to Sibenik should be taken as 1843 km; add the distance between your/club address & London (or subtract if appropriate), e.g. if you live in Bristol, which is 196 km from London and farther from Sibenik, and you enter as an individual, the distance you would be 2039 km (1843 +196). Appendix 1 lists pre-calculated distances claimable for some major clubs to save you having to calculate them. Riders entering as members of clubs not listed, if in doubt, should phone Keith Freak on 01837 840398 to agree a figure.
- The next lines cover the machine you are taking, please tick as appropriate then enter the details of the make etc. below.
- Next please tick as appropriate to indicate the type of accommodation you require. And state whether you have any special diet requirements (Remember you still have to complete the accommodation form as well, even if it is just to indicate your dates of arrival & departure).
- It is also necessary to state if you or anyone in your party need any special form of diet. For vegetarians particularly please say what you don't eat - I know some eat fish and others will not. Where a form covers more than one person I suggest you also at the top of the form indicate how many of you want the special diet, i.e. 1xVegetarian Meals & 1xNormal Meals. If you have dietary requirements and do not complete this section, you will not be catered for.
- On the following page please give the name(s) sex and date of birth of any passengers you are taking, remembering to indicate if any Meritum certificate is held. If you have no passenger this page can be omitted
Then please sign and date the form, before transferring your attention to:
2. ACCOMMODATION/EXCURSION FORM
Accommodation reservation with the organisers (Art.7) is optional, however participants who make private arrangements should endorse the accommodation reservation paper "PRIVATE ARRANGEMENTS MADE" as well as stating none as appropriate on the entry form. The accommodation form will require completion in all cases however, as it also covers optional excursions before the rally starts for those arriving early. Additional nights camping will be available 2 days before the Rally (4th - 5th June).
In the box for FMN write "ACU", leave the box for Serial Number blank.
- In box below please print the riders’ name.
- Next please enter your planned dates of arrival & departure (used to calculate no. of night's accommodation).
· In the boxes below enter your additional camping and excursion requirements (see Programme), giving the names of those taking the excursions
· Prices on the accommodation form are all given in Euros, however you will have to pay the ACU in £ Sterling. The prices for additional nights camping is £14.50 quoted on a per person per night basis, the prices for the optional excursions is £36.50 for the boat trip to the islands and £23 for the ride out to the nearby national park
3. ENTRY FEES
To save on fees for bank drafts, the ACU will make one block payment. Entry fees payable by riders and passengers are £136.00 per adult and £68.00 per child (8-12 years).... if you wish the child to have every benefit listed. Youngsters under 8, who can share parents' food, & who will not take up a seat, need not pay a fee. Cheques in pounds Sterling should be made payable to "Auto Cycle Union". It could be a good idea to include a short note detailing how the amount you are paying is made up, i.e. 1x Entry Fee plus 4 nights camping or 2 x Entry Fee plus 100% of 4 nights hotel for two.
4. REGULATIONS. Please read the regulations and accept that signing the entry forms indicates that you are prepared to abide by them.
5. CLOSING DATE for receipt of entries and fees is 9th March 2018.
APPENDIX 1 FIM MOTOCAMP 2018
Distances in kilometres to Sibenik, to be entered in the entry form by riders entering as a team member of any of the clubs listed below can be taken as shown:
BMF 2024 BMW Club 2142
CSMA 1888 Dover 69 MCC 1756
IMTC 1982 Fosse Riders MCA 2024
Mayflower MCC 2081 Vincent HRD OC 1981
For those who want to take in an event on their way down to Croatia the German club MSC-Victoria are organising their 3rd Motorradtreffen at Masserberg from 31st May to 3rd June 2018. .